Do any of you look forward to figuring your monthly net worth numbers? I really can’t wait to go through and put everything into my spreadsheet and see how things come out. I used to do it randomly, but that makes it a little harder to see how your improving since fluctuations can vary.
So here’s my net worth for March 2006:
Change vs. previous month: $8,835.73 (4.99%)
% 2006 Goal Complete: 29.4%
% 2030 Goal Complete: 7.4%
Some points of interest for this month’s net worth update:
- Recent Chase 0% offer. This won’t affect my final net worth, but $$$ were shifted around.
- Bonus received in March.
- My big car loan payment hasn’t been made yet, mainly because the process of doing the balance transfer has taken about a month. I plan to get that done in April. I also plan to do my major asset re-allocation in April.
- I didn’t have any major expenses in March.
- Taxes! Yuck. (~$2000, Federal and State).
- I maybe making an electronics purchase (~$500).
- Airline tickets for a wedding.
If I’m able to maintain an average growth of $8,000 per month, I’ll be able to meet my 2006 goal. I’ll definitely need to start considering what stocks, funds, bonds to invest in with my upcoming asset re-allocation.